CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 3, 2010

Dreams


I've always wondered: do people like hearing/reading about other people's dreams? I've been thinking about this lately, especially in relation to my own dreams. The last few days I've been having amazing, beautiful, and sometimes frightening dreams. The subject matter has been everywhere, including touchable nebulae in the earth's atmosphere to holographic woodland creatures inside grocery stores being used as distractions for terrorists. You know, usual dream stuff. At least for me.

I know I can't accurately describe these dreams to anyone without letting them live inside my brain for awhile; the visuals are what really make the dreams. I'm a very visual person, so the imagery usually has the most impact in my dreams, and not so much the dialogue. I think the closest way I could get someone to understand my dreams would be to create artwork depicting scenes from them.

My good friend Sam recently had a dream that amazes me:

"[L]ast night [I] dreamt in literature. Seriously, instead of seeing my dreams I had words scrolling telling me what I was dreaming about. I'm so exhausted-- and I never want to see a book again."


I think that is absolutely fascinating--that is something I'm sure my subconscious would never create. I like hearing about crazy dreams like this. In other situations, I don't find listening/reading about others' dreams interesting at all. Obviously, it also depends on the person and how they explain their dreams. I think I'm also interested in hearing about others' dreams when I want to know more about a person--it's like stepping into their shoes for awhile.

Do you like hearing about dreams?

0 comments: