CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another Year

Me: I don't like getting older.
Tom: So don't.

Wise words from a wise man who still acts like a child. Haha. I've always been a fan of: Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.


Well, those are words I certainly do embrace. I'm not careless like I was when I was 18, but no way soon am I going to stop playing in rainstorms and putting purple streaks in my hair. I think for me there's a peacefulness that comes with knowing better, but still not knowing what the future will bring.


I took that photo yesterday, wearing my rad superhero shirt (the picture doesn't do it justice). It's funny that after 7 years of dyeing my hair a rainbow of colors and cutting it frequently, I now have the same hair as when I was in high school. Maybe that's why when I was out and about in Kearney last week with my mom, two different people asked if I was in high school. Haha, doubt it. That was probably due to the slight lisp and inherent awkwardness :)


On the topic of staying young, I got this shirt at a house show I ended up because of a very random situation. During band practice Thursday, a band from San Francisco showed up at Nick's house. They were looking for a house show on a corner lot, and heard the music coming from the house. Turns out said house show was at a mutual friend's house (Omaha is tiny like that), also on a corner lot, but several blocks away. Anyway, we ended up going the house show later that night, and I decided their t-shirt was a necessary purchase.


Yes, the purchase may have been slightly influenced by alcohol. But it's a stripper puppy! What's not to love?! Also, the band was excellent.


Tonight Andrew and I are having a joint birthday dance party like we did last year. But this time I hung up a bunch of my paintings all over the house (hence the photo of Lyle snoozing in front of the good luck kittehs). I'm offering them for sale, more so I don't have to haul so much when we move in two weeks. That's why I'm selling them for cheap. Monies would be an added bonus right now, since I'm currently not employed by the Man, but making room is probably more important to me than that right now. I have way too much junk. Particularly art junk.

Speaking of art sales, I had five MAGIC by Anna Panda sales this week. Whoa! Once I get all settled from moving, I really want to make more bags and paint more. I'm itching for it so badly. I have to stop myself to be productive on issues that are more pressing. It feels good to have ideas and motivation though, that's for sure. I think a change of scenery will be for the best as well.

Anyhow, that was a random post.

I'll be 24 in less than 12 hours. Weird.








0 comments: